Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.At no cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. I do not endorse any products that I would not personally buy myself.
I remember having cheese ball and crackers at every event growing up. Birthday party? Cheese ball. Baby shower? Cheese ball. But over the years, that seems to be something that has gone away.
So the other day I found myself craving a cheese ball and crackers just like we used to have. Only, when i searched cheese ball I got these fancy things with like 4 kinds of cheese, almond slivers and other crazy stuff. That isn’t what I grew up with. So, where are all the old fashioned cheeseball recipes? I absolutely couldn’t find anything close to what I was craving.
I remembered my moms old recipe cards. As I searched for them, I found it. I made it and it was like stepping back into the 90s. Took me back to the baby showers in the non-smoking section of the restaurant. Fluffed out bangs, stonewashed denim, and of course, this cheeseball.
Okay, so maybe when I say old fashioned, the 90s comes up for me, but I know this recipe is way older than that so dont hate on my 90s knowledge, those were the days of my childhood.
But anyways. Here is this super simple, old fashioned cheeseball recipe.
- 2 blocks cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup chopped chives (substitute for green onion, but use less)
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 5 slices dried beef (chopped into small bits)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Using a fork, cream your cream cheese, Worcestershire and sour cream together
- Add chives, dried beef, and whatever kind of shredded cheese you prefer.
- Continue using your fork to smash and mix all the ingredients into the cream cheese mixture
- Using the fork or tour hands, shape into a ball
If you happen to be making the cheeseball for a get-together, check out this cute little serving dish and spreader!
Old Fashioned Cheeseball
- 2 Blocks Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Chives (Chopped) Substitute green onions
- 5 Slices Dried Beef (chopped finely) Found in a jar unrefrigerated
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese Optional
- Using a fork, cream together cream cheese, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce
- Add in chives, dried beef and cheese and continue mixing until all is combined
- Using your fork or hands, shape into a ball